Cooking Gas Cylinder Exploded at Olori Hall of Residence.


On Tuesday, 2nd April, 2019, a cooking gas cylinder exploded at Block B, Room 30 in Olori Hall of Residence.

The victim, Titilayo, from Insurance department was reported to have set her room on fire around 2:30PM consequence of the negligence in the use of a leaking cooking burner.


Our source gathered it that there was a particular cooking gas cylinder which was beside another gas cylinder with a damaged burner. Immediately, they opened the lock on the gas cylinder, there was gas leakage, then the other gas cylinder exploded and began to burn.

As a result of this, the room occupant, Miss Titilayo, went out to shout while their neighbours all rushed into the room to her rescue.

Her roommate said, I once told her not to use that burner again, that it’s not good.

Kindly share this article and as well drop your thoughts by using the below comment form!
we love comments
DOWNLOAD THE POLYIBADAN ARENA APP NOW ON PLAYSTORE and have all our updates sent to your phone directly!



3 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.